Today I would like to share with you a version of a classic: the mojito. If you are looking for the classic recipe, I posted it many time ago. You can get the recipe HERE.
If the contrary, you want a low-alcohol drink you'll love this watermelon mojito.
It would be fair to say that I didn't prepare this luscious drink. It was my husband, Mr. Flamenco, who is a cocktail master who did it. He usually prepares cocktails at home, and one more time he didn't disappointed me.
2 rodajitas de lima
1 rodaja de sandía
2 chucaraditas azúcar de caña
hierbabuena o menta
2 gotas de angostura
- Llenad el vaso con hielo picado fino.
- A continuación verted la cantidad de ron que queráis (aproximadamente un poco más del tercio del vaso
- Place the lime, the spearmint and the sugar in a glass and crush well with a pestle.
- Fill the glass with crushed ice.
- Add the rum (approx. one third of the glass)
- Blend the watermelon in an American mixer until you obtain a fine puree.
- Add the watermelon puree to the glass and add two drops of angostura.
- You can decorate the glass with some watermelon or some spearmint leaf.