Estuve viajando a Londres cada Septiembre por motivos de trabajo durante años, pero ahora hacía casi once que no pisaba la capital británica. Y la añoraba. Durante un fin de semana de tres días de con motivo de la Segunda Pascua nos escapamos mi marido y yo la encontramos espléndida… como siempre.
I used to travel to London every September because of my job but I haven't traveled to the Bristish capital since I quit that job... and I missed it so much (I missed London, not the job, of course). That's why my husband and I decided to get away to London during the last Pentecost holiday. I found it as gorgeous as I remembered.
London is one of my favorite cities. Althought it is not as beautiful as Rome or Paris the thing is that it has a strong personality that makes it unique.
You'll find sharp contrasts in London: modernity and Bristish tradition live together without seamkessly, you can shop at luxury megastores such as Harrod's or Liberty, look for interesting pieces in posh markets such as Notting Hill but also in bohemian ones such as Camden Town. You can walk through majestic áreas and parks or in charming neighborhoods. There are thousands of restaurants where you can eat all kinds of cuisines and at the same time I'm sure that British cuisine is not the reason for your travel.
Despite the fact that I had visited London before I couldn't resist the temptation to come back home with a lot of photos. These are some of them.
At the end of the post you'll find a short list of recommendation and links for your next trip to London.
- Mercados y mercadillos imperdibles Notting Hill, Camden Town, Covent Garden o el de Greenwich.
- You can't miss the markets and flea markets of London: Notting Hill, Covent Garden, Camden Town, Greenwich...
- Camden town es un lugar ideal para comer. En el patio de uno de sus mercados encontraréis todo tipo de puestos de comidas del mundo.
- Camden Market is also a good place to eat. There is a central patio where you'll find all kinds of cuisines from around world.
- A la hora de desplazarse lo mejor es el metro. Pero como es carísimo lo mejor es que compréis una Oyster Card (Cuesta 5 libras pero son como una fianza que os devolverán cuando regreséis). Viajando con la Oyster Card no pagaréis más de 7 libras al días. Más info AQUI
- The best way to get around London is the Tube. I advise you to buy the Oyster Card. It costs 5 Pounds but tit will be refunded at the end of your stay and you'll never spend more than 7 Pounds/day. More information HERE
- Tanto el National Gallery como en British Museum son gratuitos. No dejéis de ir.
- The British Museum and the National Gallery are free. Please, don't miss it.